GREAT BOWLS OF FIRE CHILI COOK-OFF
GREAT BOWLS OF FIRE CHILI COOK-OFF SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Friday, November 11
6:00-8:00p Resort Campfire
- Smores and campfire in the Activity Field
Saturday, November 12
Sorry no Waffle Breakfast this weekend
10:30a-3:30p Chili Cook-off Table Decorating
- Choose your favorite theme and decorate your table to draw guests in.
- Event Center
4:00p Chili & Cornbread Submission time
- Enter your award winning Chili or Cornbread into our Chili Cookoff.
- Chili is defined as any combination of protein, (ground, chopped or cubed meat or beans) cooked with spices and seasonings such as tomatoes, onion, and peppers, and cooked in a liquid such as broth.
- All chilis can be meatless, bean-less, vegetarian, or white chili.
- Chili contestants must have at least 2-3 gallons of chili to serve and sell to guests.
- Cornbread contestants must have at least 40 pieces.
- Judges will blind taste and award the spiciest, most unique, and best overall chili.
- Guests will come for samples at the booths and vote for their favorite chili at 4:30PM.
- All contestants will be provided gloves and containers.
- Contestants must bring the rest of their supplies.
- All guests may then go back to their favorite chili booths and buy containers of their favorite chili.
- All proceeds will go to the cook.
- Contestants bring your own cash change for when guests are buying your chili.
- Guests are permitted to have up to two submissions, but must pay per entry.
- All breads will be served for free at our sides tables.
- Chili toppings will be provided by the resort.
- Cook-off Registration Cost: $10 Chili entry, $5 Cornbread entry (cash only)
4:30-7:30p Live Music
CHILI CATEGORY PRIZES:
- People’s Choice – $100 VISA gift card
- 1st Place – $50 cash
- 2nd Place – $35 cash
- 3rd Place – $25 Cold Stone gift card
CORNBREAD CATERGORY PRIZES:
- 1st Place – $25 cash
TABLE DECORATION CONTEST
- 1st Place – $25 Cold Stone gift card
Cook-off Registration Cost: $10 Chili entry, $5 Cornbread entry (cash only)
Guest Cost: $5 per bowl of chili which goes to the cook
** All activities subject to change without notice.
** Registration will open at the 1st of the month.